The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Front of scuttle tank
The connection on the front of the scuttle tank into which the fuel tap screws does not have a part number. It does not seem to be a flange, but a casting. No one I have spoken to on the phone has one in stock, maybe I should have rung more cherished suppliers this morning though some are on their hols. Does anyone have one for sale. Would one be darkened by horror and shame by actually making up a brass flange to sit on the front of the tank and threaded for a different shaped tap?

( The snap showing the connection on a tankĀ I was intending to attach has been refused for being too large, no I don't understand it.)
Do you mean the Chummy scuttle tank? If you do then I have some fuel take offs that the tap screws into in stock.
Hi Steve

Not for the purist but my solution on the special.

Brass disc soldered to the tank thenĀ drilled tapped and a 1/8 BSP elbow.

Cheers

Howard

Attached Files
.jpeg   2E52CF19-65CA-49C8-A95A-A873B233A215.jpeg (Size: 86.34 KB / Downloads: 251)
Steve

What kind of scuttle tank?

I had/have all the bracketry off what remained of a box scuttle tank, actually off the original bodywork off the chassis which is now my RL (the car is made from 2 RL's). I may have the flange for the tap. The tank was more holes than metal.

I'd have to look to see if I can find the box they are in.
Hedd, it's a Chummy tank. Howard, whilst that seems a perfect installation for a special I think it might get a Chummy owner sent to the naughty step. Stuart, an email has been sent and I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks to all, what a civilised bunch we can be.
Steve - the Austin reference number for this part is BE17.
Now, where is that comment being sent from? Are you in tropical climes trying to keep warm, or is the office so cold that you have left the answerphone on and are in front of the fire in the living room? (quote button still not working in Wales, unlike the VSCC forum quote button which is now worn flat by recent use!)
I have just tested the updated Forum - I can log in, log out, quote and shake is all about!

At some point in the next 24 hours it will be swapped over (so I am told), equilibrium will be restored...

Someone else told me that the VSCC Forum is red hot just now too... hope that all works out.
(07-04-2021, 07:06 PM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: I have just tested the updated Forum - I can log in, log out, quote and shake is all about!

At some point in the next 24 hours it will be swapped over (so I am told), equilibrium will be restored...

Someone else told me that the VSCC Forum is red hot just now too... hope that all works out.

As can I and to prove the quote button works, see above!! However, it works slightly differently to before. At least it does for me using Chrome. Press quote and then go to the text box. Underneath that is a blue link asking if you want to quote the post you've selected or cancel the quote. Click to confirm you want to use the quote and Bob's your do dah.

Steve
Excellent news Steve!