The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remove Three Bearing Crankshaft
Video 
A while ago, I found a short article or post showing how to manipulate the three bearing crankshaft out from the crankcase. Do you think that I can find it again? Of course not.

Can anyone either please point me in the right direction or explain the correct process? I removed it once, but wish to take it out again to check something. However, even though the thing just fell into the case perfectly, it is stubbornly refusing to come out again. All of the bearings are out.

Regards,

Jamie.
Was it this one? See post 5 by [b][b]Ruairidh [/b][/b]

https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/for...hp?tid=638
can i add,

when you remove the oil pipe jernal.

undo the nut inside the crankcase FIRST, it is the harder part to get out.

so everyone tries the outside nut, IF YOU DO THIS.

the inside nut will work like a lock nut, and tighten.

you will end up twisting and breaking the jernal bolt.

be warned, or struggle to get a replacement.

tony
Thank you for the link, Dave. That is the one. Thank you, also, Tony, for the tip.

Regards,

Jamie.
Jamie,

despite my instructions working for almost all 3-bearing cranks, I have had two that simply would not come out! If this happens, come back and I will explain what I did to overcome that...
Ruairidh,

Thank you. I used your instructions the first time that I removed my crankshaft and they were spot on, but I could not find them again. I have managed to do what I wanted with the crankshaft now. I shall now get on with the front and rear main bearings whilst I am waiting for the centre main and big end shells.

Regards,

Jamie.
Great news!