Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1930 2 seater special
I'm selling my little special 

I bought two cars from the same owner early this year with the intention of getting them both useable and then keeping the one that suited me most, so this one is for sale.  
The body was built by Archers Garage in the 1950s on another chassis and then I'm told it may have been put onto this 1930 chassis and built into a new special by the Austineers in the 1970's (according to the knowledgeable people of this forum).  The body is Aluminium and very well built, although the wings are fibreglass. It has a later engine and 4 speed box.  When I got the car the engine had been partially stripped for a rebore, which it has now had (+40) and has been put together again with new pistons - it now runs well but I've not done many miles yet so it is still being run in and will need another oil change soon - hopefully now that spring is here I'll get some more mileage on it soon. The car has also been rewired.

It's in tidy condition, but it's an older restoration and not perfect.
I'm open to offers..

Steve
Still for sale. Not advertised anywhere else yet, but I'll probably put in on car and classic at some stage..