The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Logistics...
Do any Forum members have experience with shipping an engine from U.K. to Mainland France?

Ideally looking for a small personal service that will collect and deliver door to door, rather than a global courier.

Many thanks.
I think there will be many companies that offer such a service on a 'part load' basis - a Google search using the term 'part load services to france from scotland' throws up a number of possibilites. However, the thing you are going to have to pay very close attention to is the Customs paperwork that is now in place from January 1st...

hth....
Thanks Hugh.

What I am looking for is someone who has used a small firm to do exactly this and would recommend them to me.

I have already experienced the paperwork and yes, it is very much more than it used to be (as are the fees and taxes), but not unsurmountable.
Hi Ruairidh,
I've used these people a few times for shipping motors and stuff on pallets. Shipped a machine on a pallet to France last December OK. https://www.speedshift.co.uk/ service has always been good. Prices (IMO) were reasonable.