The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Austin. 7 from Luxembourg
Assuming by the identical telephone number: The same person from Luxembourg  offering that  Austin 7 monoposto (with satchel) recently mentioned on this forum, also has - what he calls - an Austin 7 'recreation' for sale.....obviously the mere fact that it allegedly sports a Rod Yates body should make up for the rather limited information and those few pictures that hardly tell a story....  and at that price we can safely assume tat that satchel wil be included in the sale (??) https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1321008
C'ette une bag de Duffel!
Good lord! I am certain that is the bag that was lost in mysterious circumstances by my Aunt Matilda when she was hiking in the Luxembourg Alps in 1932. She never spoke of the experience but there was family talk of ham sandwiches, a hungry young man sporting lederhosen and an unfortunate incident resulting in a tumble in which the bag went missing. Apparently she was never the same again. I must make enquiries, though I fear that the price suggests this bag may now be a collector's item and worth circa twenty grand.
Next to useless photographs. What's needed is a "Bring a Trailer" set where you can see every scratch, paint mismatch and rust spot on the body and beneath it - and even dust on the floor; perhaps he has them available by email? https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1951-fiat-500-c/
Austin Seven “recreation.” Owning and restoring the little buggers is just hard work, and driving them wholly unrelaxing. Our characters, however, are being further developed every day. I wonder if I could find radio Luxembourg on the wireless in the workshop. Does it still exist?
Nick,
You could be onto something there.  I believe that I can still see traces of a squashed ham and egg sandwich on the side of the bag.
Big Grin