The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
National Austin Seven Rally 2021
Fingers very firmly crossed that we shall be able to gather at Beaulieu in July!

Fingers crossed Nick. It's great to have a trip to look forward to! My Austin has only been out once in the last year.
If Boris could repeat - forcibly, without bumbling and mumbling - Nelson's message to the fleet 'England expects that every man (and woman and child) will do his duty', then perhaps we will avoid another rise in infections, then maybe, just maybe, we will be allowed out to play... but will he?
Fingers crossed for us all, especially the 750MC organisers.
True satisfaction is the delayed fulfilment of ancient wish
We will of course be ever mindful of the Covid situation come July. Beaulieu has comprehensive Covid-related plans drawn up for events and we will make details known in due course when we see how things are nearer the time.

While it is the same, dedicated team of volunteer helpers, putting on the rally, the 750MC is no longer the organising body as from April it will cease to support 'Heritage' activity.  However, given its very long association with the rally the 750 logo is still to be used in connection with the event.

This year the rally falls under the official auspices of the Pre War Austin Seven Club.
Hi nick,

I do hope we get a 750 beaulieu this year.

I did wonder if it would still be able to be run as a weekend event or just one day. Due to covid.

I done a couple of auctions last year, they were not allowed over 30 people in the room, so I wondered how you would go with the Saturday night tent.

When tracy see this thread, she asked if I was going. My reply being I just dont know. And may not stand as a stall if I do.

I know I only speak for myself, and not other stall holders. But we do talk. And I think the long lock downs have changes many things for many people.

The nice thing with this thread being early notice, is we all have time to think about the event.

Many thanks tony.
FAB
I am delighted
Interesting comments Tony, and yes, I've chatted with at least one other trader who was unsure they wanted to set a stall up.

For me number one thing is it will be a chance to be somewhere else for a day or so! We had 3 nights away from home last year. If we can stick our tent up in a quiet corner we'll be delighted. Yes, shared loos and no showers, but we can bring enough gear to get by.

As for the rally, I'll be wanting to peer at a few Nippys and box saloons and make a few notes. I can do that without troubling their owners too much I reckon. 

The main reason I go to Beaulieu though is to rummage through the jumble and see what's there. I come with a list but always find a few things I didn't know I needed! I can't see jumble working safely unless steps are taken to limit the number of people at a stall at one time and 'secure' areas are roped off for the stallholders. Perhaps Beaulieu themselves will set the rules - I gather the committee will expand on this in due course.
The intention is very much to have a weekend event and as far as possible run it as we have done before. We have a head start advantage in that it is nearly all an outdoor event - even down to the camping. There might be a question mark over how and whether we have a gathering in the marquee on the Saturday evening but we have the marquee on order. 

As I said above - Beaulieu has already drawn up comprehensive Covid-related procedures and we will see what applies when we get towards July.

Tony - definitely would welcome all traders. You hugely help to make the rally what it is. Do try and come.

Funnily enough, I have already been contacted by several people out of the blue, who have never been to the rally, saying 'If it is on, we are coming!'. 

I think there's any awful lot of pent up anticipation and eagerness to get in our cars and DO SOMETHING.

And given the average age of the Seven owning community most people will have been well and truly jabbed by then. Though I am sure we shall wish to be sensible and cautious in how we behave.
A lot of events seem to have gone for a single day, or combined with other events at the same venue as the first step back.

That said, it looks like Ill have the steamer out in mid April for a weekend if Boris follows plan. (Open air venue with limited entry). Not banking on it, but it would be nice.

My work life is pretty much back to 'normal', its high time my non work life also returns to normal.
thanks nick, much apreciated.

as i say covid has changed alot. first thing is there was NO point in me keep paying tax insurance mot`s etc on a van i couldnt use. (so i let it go). so i dont have a van to sleep in, although the arthritis was getting to uncomfortable for that anyway.

not sure how much i trust a B&B at the moment.

so wouldnt be able to put a good display out like usual.

tracy suggests just doing the sunday, and taking pre-orders only. to be collected on the day.

i may even do the same thing for september, and list the best of the old parts on my website 2-3 weeks before. then COLLECTION ONLY.

as i say theres a long way to go, and hopefully we will get a good 750.

thanks tony