The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TV show of interest?
On Tuesday 30th March 2021 a new Show starts on the Yesterday channel:

https://www.brooklandsmuseum.com/secrets...ort-museum

It could be interesting, it could be dreadful ('The boys have only 24 hours to get the Frazer Nash running and they have just found a crack in the Throat Sprangler...') You know what I mean. Never forget, these shows are TV entertainment, not documentaries...

But, hey, you never know... 

Hugh
It may be useful to know that it is scheduled for 2000hrs.
Hugh is absolutely right, false jeopardy could ruin what is potentially an interesting programme...the first sniff of a crack in the throat sprangler and it’s time to hit the off button!
I won't hold my breathe, I've just given up with a program about the B24 Liberator which showed a Lancaster. It's getting to the crunch time as to renew the TV licence or dump the TV.
I gave up on TV years ago. The odd bits and pieces I see now on TV, especially the so called technical shows, are usually dreadful. And anything with 'reality' in the title you know is anything but. In fact everything on tellie is fake really. Just like a lot of what you see on the Internet these days.

I did watch a little of that Repair Shop one people recommended on here. It was better than most I must admit and at least has a very nice premise to it. But that constant sexual tension between Jay and Kirshtin (I have never heard a name pronounced like that before?) you just know it is going to go all David and Maddie on you in season 3 and jump the shark. And I know the latest James Bond film was delayed by Covid but to see poor old Daniel Craig reduced to playing a old clockmaker is just a little bit beyond the pale. Anyway....

These days I find more than enough good and interesting content on YouTube. The latest being Ivan Dutton's channel that Atho put me onto recently: https://www.youtube.com/c/IvansShed/videos

Another great guy in a shed fixing things one is Mustie1: https://www.youtube.com/c/mustie1/videos

I have a bunch more. Might be worth putting in a new thread that other people can add to since I am sure there is stuff out there I am missing. YouTube's algorithms (like most social media) are good at promoting what's popular but that isn't always what's good or correct.

Simon
I grew up with I spy books etc on cars and aircraft. I get increasingly annoyed at the lack of anyone checking what is being shown. Lancaster shown as a Liberator is not unusual. The plethora of Spitfire documentaries last year, and in nearly all bad mistakes. Film of Fairy battles and even ME 109's shown as Spitfires. Pete
Dave,

The TV in our house is simply used to watch Youtube or stuff on the Amazon Fire Stick. Very occasionally do we watch live as broadcast TV.

So much so I am considering sodding off the aerial, and the TV licence.
The Instagram plug for the show had a pic of some idiot leaning under a bonnet with his lanyard dangling. I know they are supposed to have a safety break but really.
In the good old days when men wore ties to work they tucked them inside the shirt front at the second to top button !
Having watched the programme it was even worse than I expected. I know they pitch to a wide audience but the presentation style means that we end up being spoon-fed pasteurised pap.
Pardon my bluntness...
I watched the programme expecting the worst but for the majority I would say it was quite interesting and reasonable entertainment.

As real motoring/transport enthusiasts it is easy for us to over critical, I’m always watching period dramas and pointing out to my wife basic errors such as age related registration numbers, the wrong engine sound tracks, wrong model years etc and she’s not interested in the slightest.

I think that goes for about 95% of the viewing public...