The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unregistered Sports Chassis & DVLA
(23-03-2021, 04:48 PM)Hedd_Jones Wrote: I think you misunderstand the post Rick. It is clear there are no docs, - so the original number could not be retained even if there was a suggestion what it was. The DVLA V765 scheme is what you have described, and it is not an option.

Rather it is implied that an Age related plate could be obtained using the visible chassis number.

Given the modifications, I'm asking the forum if this is possible?, given the other info I have linked to.

Unless the system has changed since I helped a mate through this with a non-A7 car a while ago, a 'Re-Constructed Classic' is inspected and signed off by the relevant club's V765 rep as a "true reflection of the marque" The DVLA only see the paperwork, which IIRC included a 'built up vehicle report' where in this case the answer to all the questions would be manufacturer- Austin; Origin: -original period factory fitment . Can't see why that chassis and running gear wouldn't count as a true representation of a 1930s A7 special if it were finished in a period style.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Unregistered Sports Chassis & DVLA - by JonE - 23-03-2021, 03:06 PM
RE: Unregistered Sports Chassis & DVLA - by Stuart Giles - 23-03-2021, 06:25 PM