The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unregistered Sports Chassis & DVLA
hi steve,

as the seller, i dont mind giving my opinions.

there is no paperwork, it came to me with non. as it did the previous owner.

as many of you know, im building two cars without paperwork myself. rather than go to HEDDS paperwork guy. and re-stamp the chassis.

my understanding is cars can receive an age related number, once built. from other age related parts for the model. 

the big 7 is usually seen as part of the austin 7 range. so does that cause a problem? or does everything have to come from the same year? if it does, just hope spot checks are never asked for. as 98% of austin 7s are made from parts outside its year of manufacture.

the chassis has a clear original chassis number stamped on it, so should be elegible for an age related number. this was pointed out because of all the dodgy chassis, that seem to go through ebay with continuancy forms at the momment. trying to deceive the buyers pocket of paying more. (THESE DONT EVER SEEM TO GET BROUGHT TO THE FORUMS ATTENSION). wonder why Angel

all anyone can do is build a car, and apply.

if the DVLA wont give a number, hopefully they will give dirrection for changes they require.

if not, do as i will with both my 1923 and 1925 cars. STRIP THEM AND SELL THE PARTS. (probably for more money)

if the chassis on ebay is not sold, there is no problem. as usual its worth more in bits than its current price on ebay  Big Grin Big Grin several have asked for the hydraulics at £500-£600 and the bare chassis for £400

tony

Messages In This Thread
RE: Unregistered Sports Chassis & DVLA - by JonE - 23-03-2021, 03:06 PM
RE: Unregistered Sports Chassis & DVLA - by Tony Betts - 23-03-2021, 05:40 PM