The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big RN Saloon for the United States
An interesting discovery by Bob Cunningham, Editor of the American Austin Bantam Club, posted on Facebook. The text is readable if you hold down CTRL and roll the mouse wheel. It concerns a still-born idea for an enlarged RN saloon for the US market. He writes:
"Many thanks to Stephen Prior, Martin Prior and Son’s Motor Works, David Reynolds, Hugh Barnes and the other Austin Seven enthusiasts who took part in my conversation about the 1932 American Austin “Big Four” and its connection to Stephen’s handwritten notes from Sir Herbert Austin. The conversation was the culmination of research I’ve been conducting on this extinct model during my 39 years as editor of the American Austin Bantam Club News. Although our club focuses on the American derivatives of the Austin Seven, we regularly feature UK models as well as variations from around the world, and we have members across the States, plus a half dozen other nations. We would welcome you, too"
https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=1154...6527247413

Attached Files
.jpg   Big A7.jpg (Size: 434.74 KB / Downloads: 184)
Yet another school day, I had no idea there were plans for the “big four” though I can’t help thinking that it was simply a two door Austin 10/4!