The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brake Switch to Pedal Linkage
Evening all, 

I've converted my hydraulic brakes on my '34 Box Saloon back to more conventional cable brakes and am struggling to work out how the brake light switch originally operated. I think the pre-existing set up used the push rod to activate the lights, and I'd assume that originally there would have been a sprung linkage between switch and pedal, but I can't quite work out how it attached. 

Any advice much appreciated as always!
It is a small bracket made of body gauge steel which wraps around the pedal to cross shaft link rod. A tension spring from this bracket attaches to the pull rod on the switch. The bracket is a friction grip on the link rod. To adjust the bracket you loosen the screw on the bracket which provides the friction grip.
Okay great thanks for the explanation, and since there was no linking rod with hydraulic setup explains why I couldn't see how it went. On further investigation is looks like my brake light circuit isn't activating so need to look into that a bit more as well.