The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Accessories of the 30's that were for A7s
[attachment=1667]

[attachment=1668]

(24-12-2017, 02:47 PM)Duncan Grimmond Wrote: Oooh, those tinplate cars...any more?

Hi Duncan,

Not really a big tinplate collector, although the bluebird is beautiful in its size.

The tin plate are Tracy's, I buy them for her when I get the chance.

I have another couple of the garages with light up petrol pump globes in the museum.

I'll sort a pic.

Tony.
Ta, I'll look forward to that...
(25-12-2017, 04:27 PM)Steve Bryant Wrote:
(24-12-2017, 05:48 PM)Bryan Norfolk Wrote: Here is an advert for the petrol reserve item shown in one of Tony Betts pictures.

Any chance  of someone giving an explanation on how it works?   i think I might know but would like to know for certain.
Thanks Stephen.

I certainly don't know for certain, but my interpretation is that the swivel tap is drilled at 90 degrees (in the direction of points B and A as illustrated).
The points A and C duplicate the union fittings connecting the tank to the engine, so this device is installed inline at that point.
In normal operation fuel flows from point A up towards point B and back down the other tube, to exit to the engine at point C. The height of this loop is the reserve.
In reserve operation fuel flows directly from point A to point C (i.e. as it did before the device was installed).
The narrow gauge tube at point B terminates on a breather on top of the tank so as to prevent siphoning once the tank level falls below the top of the loop below point B.

Happy Boxing Day! (As you may tell, I have been escaping the family festivities for a short while).

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Colin,

I think that your description is correct .

This extract is from the Austin Magazine dated Feb 1930 Page 599.

.png   Scan_20171226.png (Size: 208.45 KB / Downloads: 481)

Bryan
(26-12-2017, 03:12 PM)Bryan Norfolk Wrote: Colin,

I think that your description is correct .

This extract is from the Austin Magazine dated Feb 1930 Page 599.

Bryan

That is clever, I love that
[attachment=1676]

Just for you Duncan,

[attachment=1677]

[attachment=1678]

These are all American,

And there are others available.

Problem is the more pumps they have, the more expensive they get.

I've seen the single pump at £60 dependant on condition. And one of the triple pumps sold in the UK for £2,000 probably why I've not got the triple pump.

Tony.
Excellent!
Further to RR’s post, Our RP through the 1950s was used to very regularly visit grandparents 60 miles away, usually returning at night. About 1957 it was supplanted with a “modern”, in the manner of the time sans heater. The first thing we noticed was the dismal cold!

At least in this colony bumpers seem to have been a popular accessory. I have seen various. My RP had well made front and rear but very heavy. Probably a local product.
My father understood his car was a deluxe because it had leather seats, chrome lamps and bumpers, but no sun roof , just the smokers hatch. The front bumper transferred impact to the body so removed early. The rear provided some protection for the guards, commonly bent and battered. With parking spaces not all marked out, and many other cars with formidable bumpers, cars seemed to suffer far  more bumps than do today. Bumpers formed a useful mount for carriers, thus helping to produce the lozenge door openings so typical of RPs.

As for tinplate toys, I have found tin plate very prone to rust  in humid  parts of the country. Idally needs to be kept sealed. Oiling may assist but may discolour.
Hi Tony you image of the suppliers badges, the middle badge with the Austin logo is clearly an Austin Supplier, are the ones on the edge of the photo also Austin Suppier? Any chance of showing more of them when you have time.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

hi douglas,

ill sort some more pics.

i always have problems finding what garages sold, so i dont know to much about the individual suppliers.

i have one or two i do know.

most were bought when they were affordable to me, i dont look for them so much now the prices are so high.

tony.