The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cordless work-light suggestions?
Aware that LED technology is improving all the time I wondered if anyone could recommend a good cordless work-light? I'm getting a bit fed up with my current one which won't stay where you put it and begins to dim after an hour or so.
I have two of these - they work for everything I need them for.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Inspection-Wo...%3A2334524
Thanks Ruairidh. That's very similar to what I have, albeit without the magnetic handle. Maybe I've just been unlucky with the battery life ... or perhaps I need two so I can keep one on charge!
I have just bought the latest of 3 'Ring' inspection lights I have used in the last 10/12 yrs,  Ring  RIL 3600HP Magflex LED Inspection Lamp, and  find I need nothing else.  Although rather more expensive than others at £40. They keep improving the design.   I got mine from Halfords but no doubt obtainable elsewhere and possibly cheaper.
There's a variety of Ring Inspection Lamps available on their Amazon page:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/stores/page/69B...f_=ast_bln
I have a number of Einhell cordless tools, including their inspection light. They all use the same battery.
Similar magnetic ones for me but I also use a headlight for the Heineken requirement...
I have a Sealey Model No. LED180.  I have found it very useful for lighting up general area of work; for getting into difficult places; end torch for use as a bright torch directional; the slim arm unfolds and rotates to multi positions; various magnetic fixing points and hooks; small enough to slip into pocket; main 12 SMD LEDs on moving arm are easily dimmable 0 to max 400 lumens (lengthen time between charges);  inspection lamp 3 hours on max brightness; torch 8 hours; recharge via supplied USB lead in 3 hours.  Seems solidly made (twice dropped 9ish foot from top of engine area to concrete pit floor and still ok).  You can position the body and unfold/swivel the arm to direct light to most convenient position and is good and bright (400 lumens)
Previous LED "AA" branded "10" in 1"  taking AAA batteries seemed ok but did not last long and I have not been able to fix it (think either battery holders or switch is US) It was also much bulkier and difficult to position.

Dennis 
(Just looked up - £29.90 (inc VAT) in May 2019 from Prime Tools.co.uk via ebay and free carriage.  (I belong to a cashback thingy and get 10% cashback from ebay items)
I'm slightly biased as i work for Ring, but the work lamps we develop are good products and go through a lot of testing before launch! Smile
Stuart Bullen
Recently I found that the tiny led lamp we were given at the Guildtown weekend in 2019 extremely useful, I could introduce it through the spark plug hole into the combustion chamber to have a look inside!