The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cycle wings for a Special
Hi chaps, 
I’m looking for four wings  for my upcoming special without breaking the bank. Would appreciate being pointed in the right direction.
I am always interested in any information about Rosengart details or current owners.
£55 each here: 18''/19'' Rear Plain Steel Mudguard 'D' Section Profile (classicbikeshop.co.uk) I'm not a customer, just found it whilst casually browsing for some a while back. Trailer manufacturers may also be able to help if your special is on smaller wheels.

Peter.
(03-03-2021, 09:51 PM)Derek Sheldon Wrote: Hi chaps, 
I’m looking for four wings  for my upcoming special without breaking the bank. Would appreciate being pointed in the right direction.

Hi Derek,

The mudguards on my special are ribbed which looks nice but they are more difficult to find ( and more expensive) but have a look at, ‘ ribbed steel mudguards for motorbike’  I think Triumph bikes used them.
The plain steel guards seem easier to find online.

Charles
Hi Derek

I beat out my own from some sheet aluminium.  I don’t have a wheel so ended up filling and spraying them. Cost peanuts in material but hours in beating out and planishing  Big Grin.

Cheers

Howard

Attached Files
.jpeg   8B7A209B-5B64-4A04-AD8C-5F8D92586C9F.jpeg (Size: 101.29 KB / Downloads: 508)
.jpeg   EDEAEDA3-F497-492D-B00E-922F4E6ABEB9.jpeg (Size: 129.89 KB / Downloads: 508)
I can supply wings to your dimensions Standard size £25 each.
A + from me for 'Stumpi's' wings. Excellent quality and price and look correct. Motor cycle wings always look like what they are to me. Yes, he's a good friend but I am a very satisfied customer as well.

Steve
Thanks for the input chaps. Plenty of food for thought
I am always interested in any information about Rosengart details or current owners.
Stumpi, do you have photos of any you have made?
Hi Derek... just 2 cents from one Rosengart owner to another.... When I got our LR4N2 two seater the large front wings were already replaced by cycle wings ..... motorcycle cycle wings that is.... they had been cut to length and after fitting a set of new Longstones (that had a larger diameter than the old Firestones the car came with) the tires started to foul the edges of the cycle wings upon steering lock left and right....because those motorcycle wings were 'bent' into shape.. so unless you are going to fix those wings to the front hubs / brake back plates you're in for a lot of aggravation.. I was lucky enough to find a pair of proper NOS flared cycle wings through prewarcar.com at sensible money (needing some elbow grease but that's no issue). Vendor said he once acquired them to fit to one of his pre war MG's. So to cut a long story short: better not opt for motorcycle wings.... start looking out for some proper cycle wings and be patient. If patience is an issue: have a set made.. preferably by an artisan who can work with an English wheel and knows how to make the flanges.
Hopefully i may have managed to post a picture