The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RN number plate bar
Having taken off the Ruby luggage rack I need to replace it with something else. Looking at photos the common theme seems to be a wrap around flat bar strap (1" x 1/4"?). Can anybody post a picture of the original fixing arrangement underneath, possible there's just some right angle plates bolted on. Thanks.
Hi Scarlet

If it is the same as the RK there are two top hat sections under the rear floor into which the steel number plate support slots and then fastened by two bolts.  On my RK I couldn’t get the bar fully into the top hat slot so there is only one bolt shown on the photo. (Also the photo is rotated 90 degrees but click on it and it should right itself)

I can’t remember the size of the support bar but I think it is twice bent ( not just bent in one plane).  Willie Mackenzie sells the support bar.

Cheers

Howard

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

do these help?
Mine on the RN is made from 1" x 1/8th Black drawn or cold rolled mild steel; which I copied from the orginal. This steel has rounded edges unlike bright drawn which is square (and often cost more!). The RK had the same material and size.
Andrew Goodfellow made one, complete with brackets for our fabric saloon.
Jim
It took me many years to find original brackets for this assembly.  This for my 1932 AH Tourer, exactly the same as the saloon.  The photo of the brackets shows a pair of originals along with a pair of new replacements.