The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Accu spark
hi guys has anyone had any trouble with the accuspark ht leads as I’m struggling with mine I think they’re the fancy carbon core stuff

I have always used the normal copper cored HT lead with mine - no issues.
Agreed , I may go back to them as this seems an un needed modification. Thanks
I have been using the carbon cores leads for a few years without any problems. What issues are you having?

It is weird stuff and I was worried that the core might snap, but touch wood it has been ok.

Peter
I may be getting something wrong but I can’t seem to get a spark. Would you be able to tell me now you connected the little copper contacts to the ends of the wires. Cheers
Have you measured the resistance in the leads to check there is no break in the core?
Powerspark suggest only carbon core leads for there system, I've yet to fit mine but warmer weather may help me get into the garage soon.
Hi Paul yes I have so I think the cores are good. I’m more puzzled by how you attach the little washer type contacts. I’ve seen crimp on ones where a little spike is pushed in the core. I’ve also seen a photo where you push the fibres through the washer (photo attached) I tried this and no spark.

.jpeg   1736FB9D-5479-4F36-B9E3-C75CA07446BF.jpeg (Size: 29.73 KB / Downloads: 281)
The unit looks really well made but the instructions are most useful for lighting a fire to keep warm at this time of year. I think this photo is for the copper core. Also the coil is new and works
Carbon leads don't really work with the little washer - I found out when using mismatched components on an old Mini. They often have the core tightly trapped under a metal collar to provide the necessary contact. 

I'm not sure how Accuspark intended them to fit together.
Cheers I have no idea how they intend for you to fit them.