The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DK4 distributor
Does anyone have a DK4 distributor suitable for reconditioning? Must have a good drive gear.
You can get a new gear, it isn't difficult to change.
You havent specified automatic advance which I suspect is what you need ;DK4A
I have 2 , went to vw dist with electronic..  have spare parts also .   Steve in USA
<p><br></p>
I have a spare in very good order, I changed it for an Accuspark electronic unit which works very well
Buy an Austin 7 they said, It's easy to work on they said !
Barry have you changed the drive gear over to the new Accuspark as Some people have had problem with the one accuspark use.

John Mason
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.
That is not an accurate statement - the gear on the bottom of the Accuspark distributor is very good and has been correctly made.

It was the gears that drove the distributor on their Dynamator that were problematic.
(14-02-2021, 11:32 AM)Barry Townsend Wrote: I have a spare in very good order, I changed it for an Accuspark electronic unit which works very well

you might like to look at the conversion to electronic offered by Powerspark — comes with a fitting that goes straight into your DK4A. 
All you need is a standard distributor in good condition — I’ve used this conversion on my Opal for a few years now and had no problems.
I apologise for my misleading comment on the accuspark gear. Now I am clear on things I may invest in one myself. Thank you Ruairidh for correcting me

John Mason
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.
The main problem with DK4s is worn out advance-retard mechanism. Adding electronics onto that won't give great results.
Jim