The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1938 Ruby Exhaust system
Hi I just aquired a stainless steel exhaust system that just does not look right for my 38' Ruby the person selling had it for a spare for his Box saloon 1934.  The pipe has much bigger diameter than the small steel system fitted.  It is in three parts.  any advice would be helpful thanks
Jamie at the Seven Workshop does original pattern exhaust systems - I think I would prefer to fit one of those rather than a stainless steel system with the wrong bore.
Andrew, I agree with David, the Workshop’s three part box saloon exhaust system fits the Ruby, it’s the right size, it makes the right noise and most importantly, it fits!

Though I have to admit it seems a shame to waste a new system, perhaps you should offer it up first and see if it actually fits, without modification because it may prove more hassle than it’s worth, you could always sell the large bore system to one of our plethora of special builders...
Thanks for you advice David and Ivor will do Smile