The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any of our Sports guys have a view on this one?
Austin Type 65 | eBay
apparently it's not the original engine, but its fairly new to the register. Put on in 2019. Another one! Body number fits series.

I'm head scratching a bit wondering whether the rear body did change slightly between the alloy and the steel.

Several 65s have a slightly longer little panel behind the door hinge, in front of the lower rear wing. I had problems with my (later) Nippy here, completing someone else's stalled restoration. I had to shorten the remade panel considerably to get the rear wings centralised over the apex of the wheels. Check the technical drawings here, but do check out the fit there if it hasn't got wings on and if you are seriously interested in taking on a part-finished Nippy. There is only a tiny amount of jiggering around you can do with moving the body forward or aft.
Hi,
The radius arms are wrong, the fuel tank is a modified ruby one, no pics of the chassis so its a bit of a bitsa from the pics.
I would need a good look at before bidding !!
If it has the correct chassis / back axle / front axle and gearbox it is worth thinking about if you can rebuild it yourself, If you have to pay someone to do it for you it will be a very very expensive project.
First comment, it's not for sale from Kent, so it can't be all bad. Second comment, how very sensible to put it here for responses from forum contributors. I don't do soshalmeeja, but pals who do have been telling me about a certain trader seriously defrauding purchasers who did not know enough about the Seven world to draw upon experience and help here. I gather Trading Standards are now involved for at least one case.
hi steve,

give it a week, it will be a perfect running car. ready to go. collection kent Big Grin

my only surprise on this subject, was it took so long to come out fully. its been happening for years with that seller. 

hi fibre glass ulster body are better than gould.  Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin not if you look at the one on carandclassic.

as for the 65. as long as the body work was done right. and you dont mind the colour. it could be a lovely little  car for someone at that price. ok the radius arms, spring, so probably axle etc are non original. but at £5k the body is the hard part to fix.

tony
(11-02-2021, 09:05 PM)Tony Betts Wrote: hi steve,

give it a week, it will be a perfect running car. ready to go. collection kent Big Grin

my only surprise on this subject, was it took so long to come out fully. its been happening for years with that seller. 
That's why it's useful to check Facebook to keep a tab on this type of "dealer". The full horror story is there...
Yes, seems to me to be a bitza, The steering box is standard A7, mounted on a wedge and someone has "got at" the chassis with plates tack welded over the engine mounting holes. Whether the chassis is 65 or standard Box Saloon is also open to doubt I'd say. Petrol tank is wrong. Engine looks like a standard engine but it's difficult to tell without closer inspection. Gearbox and axle, again, who knows?

Body looks fair but the colour is ghastly, dashboard shouldn't be painted I think and the lower bulkhead looks ratty??

I think it would take significant investment in original sports parts to make it into something near right even as a DIY project.

Will probably end up in Kent I suspect.
(11-02-2021, 08:07 PM)dickie65 Wrote: Hi,
the fuel tank is a modified ruby one,
why do you say that definitively, out of interest? - the 65 didnt have the cutout originally, did it?

Feels like there is a bit of overt dissing going on here ready for some low ball offers Big Grin Big Grin
Would indeed be good to see if the chassis was original. I suspect it is as the body number is in range with the chassis number.
JonE wrote:

the 65 didnt have the cutout originally, did it?
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Dunno, I know the standard cars like the back of my hand but my knowledge of the sports models wouldn't fill a postage stamp....hence this thread.....
as for the petrol tank,

it looks like ruby, with a modified filler.

it been a long time since ive handled nippy or 65 tanks. but from memory, the dent to miss the diff was just hammered in on the 65 or at least the early ones. the nippy it was then a hammered plate riveted to the tank.

the filler neck is at a different angle on the nippy/65 to what the ruby is. on the tank shown, to neck looks altered. thats why id expect it to be ruby originall.

also the nippy/65 chassis were high frame. not low frame/ruby. the mounting plated on the tank are in different places for the two chassis.

the tank pictured, looks like the mounting plates are low frame/ruby.

i could be wrong/ my memory plays more tricks the older i get Big Grin Big Grin serves me right for not putting it all on paper when i was younger.

tony