The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adhesive for genuine Rexine.
Has anyone used Rexine? I have a friend who has found a roll of new old stock Rexine which he is going to use on his 6” braked Boulogne special. Woolies would be my first option but there is probably an expert on here who has the experience.
Cheers,
Dave.
I’d try Evostik

Bill G
Based near the Scottish Border,
Dave, I bought the last roll of brown genuine rexine from Monty Segal's circa 1971 or 2. As Bill suggests, evostik worked well then. I don't suppose the solvents in evostik have changed much but obviously try a small sample first.

Regards,

Stuart
Tap up your local upholsterer for a can of the spray glue they use.

It works like EvoStik, but is more effective in my opinion.

Spraying allows you to get a thin coating.   Follow the instructions about leaving coats to dry.

After first use, before you use the spray again, point it somewhere unimportant away from the car/fabric you are working on, and spray to clear the nozzle.

It is amazing what a thin film of glue can do to the direction of the jet - up your nose and/or onto your best trousers, for example.
Or just buy a can of No nonsense spray adhesive from your Local screwfix. Workd fine on vinyl and leather, so should be good for Rexine .
I’m with Iimoro on this one
I am always interested in any information about Rosengart details or current owners.
the spray stuff gives far better, lighter, more even coverage...
I have this vision of Mr Wortley boiling up sheep bones in a cauldron in his back yard to save the cost of a trip to B&Q... (using reclaimed wood of course)
I suspect you're not far wrong there, Bruce, I've just loaned Dave a used match.
That's telling Mike, you didn't GIVE it to him.