The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rear facing starter & 4-speed box
I did this mod in about 1990 on my Ulster replica (or whatever is your preferred terminology.) I wanted to use a 4 speed Super Accessories box but keep it looking more like original (except it is fairly obvious). I ended up using 3 4 speed box lids altogether after messing up 2 of them. Cheap and easily replaced at the time. It involved cutting off the top turret which holds the gear lever and rewelding further towards the drivers side. I also had to crank over the part of the gear lever inside the box to mate up with the selector forks and the swinging interlock.  The body of the starter motor just clears the gearbox top with plenty of filing of an arc shape in the alloy gearbox top. Also the centre 1/4" BSW screw under the motor is not used and the tapping in the gear casing is plugged. Not really worth all the effort but works OK and has been used like this for the last 29 years.

Messages In This Thread
Rear facing starter & 4-speed box - by dchw1975 - 01-02-2021, 06:01 PM
RE: Rear facing starter & 4-speed box - by Mark R - 01-02-2021, 07:45 PM
RE: Rear facing starter & 4-speed box - by Dave Wortley - 02-02-2021, 12:28 PM