The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dip stick
Hi guys I’m coming to the end of putting an engine together and I’m missing a dip stick. It’s a 3 bearing engine with a standard bottom end. Could someone photograph there dip stick  with a tape measure / ruler next to it and then I’ll knock one up. Thankyou

Certainly on a 2 bearing crank engine, its the distance from the bottom of the stick to the level mark which determines the depth of oil. The overall length should be such that the stick will strike bottom and not be restrained by the "eye" of the stick.
Cheers mick !! Thanks bob for the info , stay safe guys thanks for the help
I see that others have beaten me to it, but I have emailed you.
It must be quite a tricky thing to make - wouldn't it be simpler just to buy one?
Buy !? < student budget . Yes probably but where’s the fun in that
I just love to see the instruction”pull” near the bottom — it’s from the age when it was thought necessary to write pull on the lavatory chain, as if push might be an option. 
Was it from a time when directives were in fashion?
FULL surely. Your pulling my leg! Big Grin
The earlier dip stick would be much easier to make being a simple rod with ball end and a flat on the other end.