The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3 bearing engine - steel crankcase
Hi All.  Does any one know what the three bearing, steel crankcased engine was used in please?  It is not  Reliant engine, as I have both.  I think it may have been used by the MOD as it is the correct colour that we used to use.  It has a Laystel crank.  Feedback/comments welcome.
Out of interest what is the engine number stamped in the crankcase?

Ive got a cast iron nosecone on the RP, and have cast iron water manifolds in the spares shed somewhere. Father always believed that were military.

I have a list of car numbers and chassis numbers for the late batch of military 2 seat tourers. Be interesting to see how it cross referenced with your crankcase
hi. the number is cast into the engine.  1a887   A.F.hope this helps
Could it be from a marine engine, I can't see why the military applications would need a cast-iron case?
HI ALL.  COULD THIS ENGINE  BE A PROTOTYPE?????
hi all.i think the engine number is similar to the first big 7 engine.could the a.f. mean austin foundry.if so.could this be one of the last 7 engine made ???
Can we see some pictures please?
enyone in to austin 7 m.o.d. engines  cars ?????
I was led to beleive they were military engines, but it dont mean it's TRUE.

I know of a hand full of them in different hands.

Like hedd, I have a cast iron nosecone, for both 7 inch box and the long ruby. So with both nosecone available why would they be the last engines made? Or even prototypes?

Tony.
If it’s of any consequence I also had a cast iron steering box, which I used on the Chummy special, and when I asked around most people said “it must be military” but like Tony implied, it was never confirmed.