The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Facebook Group - Austin Seven Spares Sales & Exchange
Hi Matthew,

I joined the 'Austin Seven Spares Sale / Exchange' group around six month ago without any problem at all. My 1934 A7 AVH Van bought many years ago as a dismantled basket case (sadly it still is) isn't currently listed on the A7CA Chassis Register, but even if it was the Chassis Register doesn't store owners names so there's no way the groups admin can check whether you're the owner of a particular A7 or not. Neither am I a member of any A7 club though I have been a member of this A.S.F Forum since 2006 and I'm also a member of two other Facebook Austin 7 groups to which I have posted the occasional comments / advice. I can only assume that in my case the A7 Spares Sale / Exchange group admin cross referenced my name against those other two A7 Facebook groups in deciding whether or not to accept me as a member. As Martin has rightly said, as far as I'm aware the GDPR (Data Protection Act 2018) would prohibit someones personal information being accessible in the way suggested to verify ownership of a particular vehicle.
I do hope that you and your brother can sort this problem out and both join and re-join the Facebook group.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Facebook Group - Austin Seven Spares Sales & Exchange - by Jeff Taylor - 14-01-2021, 02:17 AM