The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions, Questions
I have had two emails which appear to come from genuine Austin Seven enthusiasts.

They address me as if they know me from some time past.

The questions do not really fall within my A7 expertise

If they are genuine, I apologise for having forgotten the people concerned.

I am suspicious of emails from unknown people, and am posting this in case there is something underhand going on.

I cannot see what that might be, but would like to know if other forum members are getting such emails.

Cheers

Simon
I always work on the principle that if it's unsolicited, then delete it. If it's important they'll call back. Don't open links or attachments.
If they fall in the 'I need you to do me a favour' - or 'we need to talk about something confidential' the individuals in question have likely had their names harvested somewhere and a new email address created to try phishing for (usually) gift cards.

You should be able to tell by the email address itself as it rarely bears any connection to the sender.

This is different that the account being hacked BTW as there is really nothing the real owner of the name can do.
I agree, delete them, questions should be posted on the forum, even if they are directed at you personally.
It would seem these are genuine, I think they may have picked the wrong Simon.

I am glad no-one else has has such, it means it isn't a strange, subtle scam.

Cheers, Simon