The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Merry Christmas from "The Austin"
One day, one day (without going to the Alps) it would be wonderful to replicate this cover.

Attached Files
.jpg   Xmas-friends-2020.jpg (Size: 414.72 KB / Downloads: 574)
A rather evil looking Santa who looks somewhat familiar. LED light globes for Christmas?
Hi Tony great image what year did the magazine come out originally
I believe 'The Advocate' transitioned to 'The Austin Magazine' in 1927.  I have vol1 edition 1 (new series) Oct 1927. Big things were happening in Austin publishing as 'The Service Journals ' started in April 1927 as well.
What a splendid image Tony!  As you’ve mentioned in another post, the Seven is great in snow, I remember taking my Chummy to work through thick snow and driving it like it was just another day...it was a touch chilly with the hood down though!

Which reminds me on the old forum we used to have the annual Christmas image posted, like the Chummy under a foot of snow, there were some great images posted...
(22-12-2020, 11:29 PM)Douglas Alderson Wrote: Hi Tony great image what year did the magazine come out originally
1929. Yes, it's a super picture - though Santa does look a little odd. It's only a low-resolution image I had to play with, but I've boosted some of the details and added a few other touches.
Hi,
Look like an editing on old image but still looking great, My grandfather had that same Car on him picture, almost 25 years ago.
Thanks for sharing with us Tony.
Christmassy enough for you, Ivor?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

"There's something out there Major, and it ain't no man. We're all going to die"

[Image: 20180301-105456.jpg]

Merry Christmas everyone!
Happy Christmas, everyone, and let's hope for a more active 2021: