The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Box saloon
Hi Looking for a Box saloon body in reasonable conditions. Maybe someone has a disregarded body around they need to clear up . Hi
No responses yet. You may get a better response if you gave everyone more details. For example are you in the process of rebuilding a Seven or do you require the body for a different purpose?

Also, there is a “Sales and Wants” section for you to use. I hope that helps you.
Hi looking for a Austin Box saloon to restore or look at converting to a van I have a very good chassis engine etc I am not interested in the Ulsters looking for something different to put on a chassis . Looking to build a car I can use on a regular basis .
Have you got a long (6ft 9in wheelbase) or short (6ft 3in) chassis?. There are a couple of threads on the forum showing the building of bodies that are not open sports. The Highland Special is one such.
Yes 1st step is to ID which bodies your chassis would be compatible with - principally LWB or SWB.
I would suggest keeping an eye on eBay as they come up from time to time in restorable condition. Usually when someone has ripped an original saloon body off to build a 'special'.
Can I suggest that you see if there's anyone out there with a complete saloon that they're planning to dismantle in order to build a special? If you can agree a PX for the entire vehicle against your rolling chassis, it keeps another car intact and gives the special builder less to do.
All box saloons are LWB afik, request is box saloon body, so must be LWB?
Are not RMs box saloons, then?
PM me with your e-mail address. I know someone who is scrapping an RN to make a special.
I have photos to give you an idea:

[Image: IMG-20201101-WA0001.jpg]

You will have some travelling to do because it's in France, near Paris.
I am aware of this car . With the present restrictions and recovery costs I was looking for a car in the UK