The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Radio Service vans
Just pinched from Facebook - a picture that had been thrown away, but rescued.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Lovely picture !  Looks like quite a large concern. 

I am familiar with garage operators moving into the supply of wireless sets after becoming involved with owners making use of their battery charging services. 

Maybe there was another business progression route from pianos via record players to wireless ?
How super is that - thanks for posting
A fabulous find.
Super photo, no relation to me.  My family involvement in pianos doesn't extend beyond helping to lift the bl**dy things!
The reg number of the van on the right looks like ALW which I think is a London number.  It would be great if we could pinpoint the location of the shot.

A bit of Googling reveals that the Parker Piano Company were a leading manufacturer in their day, at St. James Road, London SE1.  Could that be the location?
I think I can make out ALW, AXK, BLW and BGW registrations, which are all London numbers from 1934, so that would confirm Parker's as being a London company, though the St James Road address could be showroom/retail premises rather than the workshops?
I guess they feared the family piano would be replaced by a radio, so they were moving with the trend in order to stay in business, possibly.