The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brakes again !!!!
I think and hope I've my brakes set up having had the car up on axle stands. Even the fronts operate before the rears!.
One usual thing the front brake binds on full lock, no surprise there,  now I seem to remember a thread where some one had drilled a hole in the back plate and attached a spring from there to the brake lever so it  fully released, if i pull the brake lever about 5mm more it releases the brake. Has anybody done that on here ?
Yes. I made longer forward facing cotter pins about 3" longer. The light extension spring from backing plate is attached to that.
Hi Russell,

Did you pay me my royalty ?  Big Grin Big Grin

.jpg   Tony Press on his 1929 Austin Seven Chassis.jpg (Size: 202.81 KB / Downloads: 246)
Hi Squeak
If making own cotter pins for anywhere can put a thread on the other end and pull them out! Need to be of tough stuff.
Tony, I used to loiter in front of Tony Johns' work desk in order to pick up such gems. He looking over his shoulder telling me to piss off, the boss is watching. Smile
As you know I now have Tony's Chummy, still fitted with the long brake lever cotters I made for him sixty years ago  Big Grin