The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bottom and top Rad tanks...
Does anyone currently produce the correct top and bottom Rad. tanks suitable for the circa 1930 rad shell please?
When I wanted these, I bought a scrap Ruby radiator from Tony, Ruairidh, and had someone we both know do the conversion to a 1930 type. The bottom tank was identical and the only difference with the top tank was the position of the filler neck. Our man removed the top filler, sealed up the hole where it was (you can't see the join) and fitted the new filler (that he has a stock of) in the 1930 position.

Steve
That is very helpful - thank you Steve!

R
I've converted a later tall chrome rad model but they used to be produced by a guy in Brisbane.

Charles
Ruairidh,
I spoke with the fellow in Australia who had new tanks a couple of years ago, will forward e-mails with related info.
I didn't buy one so not in a position to recommend.
Thank you guys - much appreciated.
No sure exactly which design you are referring to but I have one where the filler spigot is fitted right at the front of the tank with part of the spigot casting extending down the front of the tank.  It is marked Austin Motor Coy. Ltd., No. 94060.  It is missing the flat plate that fits the overhang and the top hose pipe but those are the straight forward bits.  I no longer require it.
Hi Neil,

that sounds like a Box Saloon/chrome rad type.
The Brisbane stockist  was Greg Stevens at FTRS and I bought his last brass chummy top tank a couple of years ago. This is now all made up with a new honeycomb core (ex the UK).
I have used a box saloon rad top and bottom tanks on a 1930 style rad rebuild. The one I had was a 31/32 type so I just cut off the front flange portion of the neck and moved it back on the tank. If it's a 33/34 type you'd need to conjure up a neck with the Austin thread.