The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
£137,000 Seven..
https://ddclassics.com/car-listing/austin-7/
To be fair, that's the cost of the restoration; the selling price is a mere £59,950! A lot of money for a car that is not VSCC-eligible, nor road-legal.
I seem to remember that this machine graces the forum from time to time, different salesmen offering with equal optimism and lack of reality. Is there not usually comment on the engine being subjected to psi closer to a steam boiler but the head secured by the most basic number of nuts, probably on original studs.
hi steve,

i thought id seen it on here before myself.

the price rang bells.

perhaps they should advertise £136,000 and it would throw me off a bit Big Grin

tony
No doubt a superb engineering job - but all the many modern parts strike a discordant note. How much more interesting it would be if it looked, in all its details fittings, to be of pre-war origin. One does wonder if the person who commissioned the work had his money's worth of fun out of it.
There are so many great things about this car, but it looks like the final stages of the build have been hurried, with no thought given to the car’s history...I think it may be bouncing around the market for a while yet!
Just watched a replica of a 2003 Bentley Speed 8, fibreglass,no mechanicals, no engine, no chassis number a replica fibreglass shell on wheels hammer at £102,000 At Historics auction .. plus 20%.. £59,950 looks a bargain !
The saying 'One born every minute' springs to mind  Big Grin
As the advert says this car was used on the Chelsea Hill-climb in NZ.

The car was built in the 1990's and the man who built it always does a superb job, he has gone on to build a number of fabulous cars since and always excels at what he does.

Here are a couple of photos of when it was in NZ. I hope the later owner got good value out of the £137,000 spent on the "Restoration"

You need to wear tight undies driving that........ I see they've relocated the carb to the other side of the prop shaft now...

Aye
Greig