The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Another Ruby project
Here is another Ruby project and an ideal one to work on during the Winter. Not a ball breaker either, and it's a good one.

Here is the link to the website and I'm sure Terry will be along to say something about it....cannae wait!

Winter Ruby
I buy and sell all types of classic cars and interesting objects

My Website
SOLD!
I buy and sell all types of classic cars and interesting objects

My Website
What do other members think of this thread. To me it is advertising and if threads like this continue they should pay a fee. We have cherished suppliers who contribute to this site together with people who supply wooden parts together with others that do all kind of repairs and servicing but none advertise there trade on here like obzolete.

John Mason
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.
Hi John (and Obzolete)

I feel a bit uneasy about these threads.  However we do have a sales and wants section and perhaps Obzolete should be encouraged to use that rather than the main forum.  

It is also true that the forum is really for Austin Seven enthusiasts. I’m not sure of Obzolete’s credentials in this regard. Perhaps he can comment?

Cheers

Howard
Wasnt sure about this one when I see it come up.

I know this gent as a petroliana seller, and seen them in the auctions buying.

As far as I know, not an austin 7 owner.

So my first though, was it was a bloody cheack.

There again as a seller, well done. He found his target market. Advertised the car free. And didn't pay ebay fees.

Then the other way to look at it, another austin 7 has a new home. And hopefully will go on and have a happy life.

Isn't that what it's all about.

Tony.
I would like to see more adverts for cars and parts on Austin Seven Friends but perhaps the best place to put them would be in the For Sale section?
mark k
And perhaps a line drawn between genuine forum members having a clearout, or attention being drawn to useful/interesting items seen elsewhere, and dealers or others buying or selling solely for profit, free of charge.
I guess the issue is that by putting it up here, people can then say 'ooh, that seems a bit pricey for a project when you can get a complete running one for that' (what I thought...) whereas when you put things in the sales and wants, people are less likely to be disrespectful of the OP's wishes/vision.
But plainly, people were being very British and didn't until now!
I've still got a very nice, rebuilt, unique Woodie that needs to find a permanent home. I've shied away from putting it on the forum but perhaps I will now!!
I'd welcome more traffic in the Sales & Wants sections.
Not sure I want to see ads in the forum though.
Perhaps traders should be clearly identified as such so we know where we stand (it might also boost their business).

I admit it puzzles me when people re-post cars for sale ads here, and I sometimes suspect a vested interest - it does much more of a service to those selling than to those buying. Yes some are absurd and perhaps merit comment, but sellers have cottoned on & know that by posting a ridiculous ad they'll get more exposure - not the kind of antics I want to reward by playing along.
In fairness to Obzolete, he didn't start it.

His first car for sale was raised on here by another forum member, which he then responded to as it had been negatively referenced. He then offered this one as his own thread, effectively just following up as a second car for sale linked on the main forum as his first car had been.

So, if we are to set rules we must surely first stop forum members from referencing items for sale by others, sometimes highlighting cars of genuine interest, sometimes just poking fun at pricing (how much fun would that stop), and then what about our cherished suppliers highlighting new products vital to keep our cars on the road and welcomed as important news. it all gets a little complicated...
Andy
Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!