The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New car
Somewhere I have a DVD that was made by an entrant in one of the Coast to Coast Runs who was in a Ruby.  He followed my RL saloon out of the coffee halt at Byland Abbey and kept up with me almost to Leyburn.  Watching the video was like a 'Police Camera Action' programme and my abiding memory is the squealing of the Ruby's tyres around the corners.
I too thought that the Chummy test drive had the look of Derbyshire.  It obviously has a set of Tony's flattened cam followers fitted together with other mods.  Some crunching of gears would enhance the realism!
I like the clear roads with no other traffic around.

John Mason.
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.
The driver obviously takes the view that if you go over a crossroads at speed there is less chance of a collision.   Perhaps the test drive was done during the lockdown?
You do realize that his foot was hard on the brake?
I like the self-changing gearbox, non crunching
(09-12-2020, 12:52 PM)Malcolm Parker Wrote: I too thought that the Chummy test drive had the look of Derbyshire.  

No definitely not Derbyshire limestone nor millstone grit; I'll stick with mid/North Wales:

.jpg   forza seven.JPG (Size: 39.17 KB / Downloads: 264)
I didn't hear the bacon slicer starter operate and if it runs with such a high charge rate the dynamo will be cooked.
Isn't the windscreen supposed to be vertical? I don't think this is a real car...
The very first cars (prototypes to B bodied cars up to mid-1924) had raked windscreens. Apparently Sir Herbert decided that looking through a sloping screen was bad for the eyes, so they went vertical from then on. I don't know if this story is true, but it's definitely not one of his better ideas!
I’d go for Yorkshire dales, but I’m not going in a car that he’s driving.
Alan Fairless