The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A nice period picture
    a nice period photo lifted from another site
I am always interested in any information about Rosengart details or current owners.
Hi Derek,
Indeed I already saw that lovely one somewhere.
In my young age I did a thatch roof just like this one with my late father. I would still know how to do it!
Love it  Heart
The Cat and Fiddle is still there (alongside the A35 on the outskirts of Christchurch, Hants), and looks much the same.
What a delightful nostalgic shot. And a fine 28"wheel bicycle too.
It's now a Harvester and been extended to the point of loosing its "olde worlde" charm . I used to frequent it quite a bit when I worked i Mudeford .
Oh dear. 'It's now a Harvester...'

I'm afraid that on the rare occasions I have been forced to go to one, my response to the inevitable, 'Have you been to a Harvester before?', has been, ' Yes. Unfortunately'.
It looks as though the bike has back pedal brake.
(06-12-2020, 07:44 PM)Robert Leigh Wrote: It looks as though the bike has back pedal brake.

Yes, I remember that brake well. I had a Sun cycle with such a device. If memory serves me correctly, it was called an 'Eadey Coaster'.
I take it that Harvester's are a chain of fairly mediocre fare. Like a Dennys here in the US. Pity, as it looks like a nice building.

Erich in Mukilteo