The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Honda Piston rings...
Does anyone know of a reliable source for replacement Honda Piston rings please?
Not as simple as it once was, Ruairidh, but I do have some information that'll help. Tried to phone you but can't get through. Give me a call and I'll explain.

Steve
Ruairidh

I've kept this link in my watched items:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SET-OF-4-x-HO...0788901832

May be worth a try - he seems very au fait with Sevens.

Hope it helps.

Martin
The ebay items are not genuine Honda, I wouldn’t use them.
Be very careful with the piston components in the ebay listing. When Honda pistons were the thing, one rule was always to buy genuine Honda. There were lots of fakes out there many in boxes that said Honda on them. The only place to buy safely was from the Honda Small Machinery Dealers or from the trusted A7 people who sourced the genuine items.

At least with the pistons shown in the ebay listing, they don't pretend to be genuine Honda but, all the same, I wouldn't touch them.

Steve
Thanks everyone (on here and off-line), much appreciated.
RIKEN are a good sourse if anyone has not already said.
Honda CB 500/550 rings bought recently.

Paul N-M
Hi Ruairidh, I always try here first.

Classic Vehicle Pistons | Vintage Vehicle Pistons (fwthornton.co.uk)
My mate James will make you some if necessary
Ruairidh,
            These people can do pistons rings in pretty well any size or style once they're given the bore size and ring width. There's a bit of lead time obviously as the parts aren't on the shelf in the UK. http://www.performanceunlimited.co.uk/br...ton-rings/