The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Doug Woodrow Austin Seven Manual..
(08-12-2017, 08:19 PM)Ian Williams Wrote: Looking at a lot of these listings make's me suspect that the sellers go onto either Davids, Tonys or the 7 workshop sites, lift the pictures, put on 300%+ mark up and wait for some poor unsuspecting fool to buy. I doubt they hold stock but once they have a sale I suspect that they simply order the part and repackage it on, am I just a cynic and more to the point why should I or anyone else worry about it. Except we do because it is ripping people off!

Hi Ian,

Usually I see the worst in people. ( yep I know many are not surprised at that ).

well after so much going missing from the stall. What else would be expected.

But every now and then I hope for the best in people.

I've made, and had made. And sold. to you all for over 25 years now. And yes made a profit from it. ( don't get excited the profit isn't huge, not even big ).

But how big does it have to be, before the seller is ripping you all off.

I've always looked at it as being paid for providing a needed service.

My hope for These people selling at inflated prices is, rather than just making a quick buck now. that if they are selling anything. And making huge profits. It will inspire them to go on to make something in the future that's needed for the seven world. And supply a service.

Perhaps I should go back to being a pesamist.

Hi Ian,

I sell regularly on eBay.

And I've had people come back regular. Some of these ive told them who I am, and that it's cheaper to buy from me outside ebay.

But they won't do it??? They only buy on eBay.

I also had a customer who didn't mind paying double on eBay. Because she sold here unwanted stuff on eBay, the money sat in paypal. And rather than transfer it to the bank. She bought what she needed for the seven.

She didn't mind doing that, even though she knew it was costing her double.

So some are not being ripped off, that's how they prefer it ?

It takes all sorts.

Messages In This Thread
Doug Woodrow Austin Seven Manual.. - by Albert S - 05-12-2017, 03:20 PM
RE: Doug Woodrow Austin Seven Manual.. - by Erich - 05-12-2017, 05:35 PM
RE: Doug Woodrow Austin Seven Manual.. - by Alan - 06-12-2017, 12:35 PM
RE: Doug Woodrow Austin Seven Manual.. - by Tony Betts - 08-12-2017, 10:30 PM