The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does the Trades Description Act cover EU traders?
I suspect not, although I'm surprised the EU doesn't have some similar control over traders. This thread has been prompted by this advert from a Dutch trader; I know it's not an Austin, but nor is it "in almost completely original condition". The 'woody' rear body is a bit of a giveaway, but just in case that doesn't convince you, how about the Triumph TR6 engine under the bonnet!

https://www.prewarcar.com/315491-1934-mo...ix-special

.jpg   315491-1606316685-9029460.jpg (Size: 119.19 KB / Downloads: 430)
I don’t know about original but that wooden rear end is abominable. Spoils the whole look.

John Mason.i
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.
I wonder what happened to the original rear of the body, can't imagine that anyone would just take it into their mind to create a sports tourer with a rear end that looks like it came off a shooting brake.

BTW, If that motor is from a TR6, then it must have been the US spec model which had Stromberg CD carbs in place of the Tecalemit Jackson fuel injection of the European models.

I wonder if still has the original brakes? Cry
not cheap either! Pity while they were on the woodwork they couldn't have attended to the veneer on the dash - or is it just deep figuring in the walnut?
In the Netherlands and not Germany, so not a single leather satchel. Rich patination enhanced by a delaminating plywood dash panel, will this catch on amongst certain sorts of poser? And is it just me or does it have a central accelerator?
Yes, Steve, all Morrises had a central accelerator up to the mid-thirties, but I suppose it's a surprise it wasn't converted when the Triumph engine was fitted.
Thanks Mike, I knew Cowleys did,  but I did not know that the hungry beast, the Morris 8, had a centre loud pedal.
Steve I'm not sure about the Eight; the last of the Minors had a central throttle, but the Eight may have been the first to have a conventional layout.
The Morris 8 pedal layout was conventional.
I would surmise that the TR6 engine would allow you to get to the scene of the accident a little faster than the original oily bits

Aye
Greig