The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Petrol ban now 2030
I was just wondering what everyone thinks will happen to our sevens after this comes into effect in 2030, obviously it'll be a fair few years after that the petrol becomes actually hard to find at garages however when it does, what then? LPG conversion? Electric ? *shudders*

I'm 19 so the thought of only getting to enjoy my seven until I'm 29 isn't exactly a nice thought as I detest modern cars, whatever happens let's hope i can get many decades of happy motoring.
19 too, we will be okay id hope. I struggle to see how they would enforce it eventually. you'd hope they have bigger fish to fry
The walk and bike message doesn't look to good where I am sitting in furthest West Wales with driving rain and a near gale. The local small Tesco does have a (slow) electric charging point though, so that should fix it?
It's all political posturing and will get pushed down the road like a lot of other Green initiatives. Just click bait. There is no way the transport industry can move to hybrid or electrical means. Until someone can come up with a vehicle that has a range of 750 miles they are all pointless. My diesel E Class Merc can do that now, easily, with 1/4 tank to spare. Will I change it for a hybrid or an electric? No way.
Like most other things he 'promises', I think it can be safely assumed it will not happen.
Don't forget that in the early days of motoring, you bought petrol in a can, and if you were going somewhere remote, you had your petrol sent in advance ! You could still run your 7 on gas if that were available, probably be able to make your own from household compost ??
It's not going to happen. This is an entirely political, jumping-on-the-latest-bandwaggon - and open contempt for working-class British people surviving on marginal motoring. People did not vote for the Green Party, they voted for a Conservative government. This is yet another example of a policy with no attempt at assessing if the claimed benefits are realisable or likely to outweigh the costs involved.
In 2024 Boris will be gone; no new power stations will have been built (20 years from inception to operating); no start made on the complex, multi-billion pound infrastructure and upgrading of the power system needed - and if those in power think that people will vote en-mass for this madness, they are in for a rude awakening. The sound of hysterical laughter you can hear is coming from China, India, Malaysia and Russia (etc) as they fail to contain their mirth at the spectacle of Western nations destroying their economies in a futile attempt to compensate for a tiny fraction of the pollution that they are creating themselves.
Well said Tony, could not agree more!
(18-11-2020, 12:47 PM)Tony Griffiths Wrote: People did not vote for the Green Party, they voted for a Conservative government.

Voters may have put the Conservatives in power in 2019. But according to t'interweb, the last time a true majority of the UK electorate voted for the winning party in a general election was 1931 -possibly an an appropriate factoid to appear on a forum dedicated to pre war cars.
Yes, we’ll said Tony...even if they do implement the ban on the production of petrol and diesel cars, there will be 30 million petrol and diesel cars out there with at least another 10 years of useful life in them and the oil industry won’t ditch that potential profit overnight.

I’m certainly not going to lose any sleep worrying about it, the real culprits are power stations, shipping running on bunker fuel and aircraft, I would suggest investing in cleaning up those areas would make more sense.