The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Another RN Saloon Question
Is anyone able to tell me please, without going to a lot of trouble, what is the overall length of an RN saloon? That is to say when backed up to a wall how much space is required if the garage door is to be closed?
From what I have written down my RP saloon, which I think will be the same length (?) is fairly well exactly 10 feet from front to back, and 4' 4" at its widest point. I have these measurements from also trying to squeeze it into a small garage space!
Thank you Rupert
! Not including a picnic basket on the back.
Duly noted!
The 3 speed RN is a couple of inches shorter than the 4 speed RN and the RP because the spare wheel is mounted parallel the rear panel on a symmetrical mount. The 4 speed RN and RP have an asymmetrical mount putting the spare wheel vertical and the rear number plate is further back.
Now I've been and measured one, it is 9' 51/2".
I think the later asymmetrical spare wheel mount was to allow for the rear tank on the later cars, which when looking down from above sticks out about 2" from the alignment of the lower edge of the rear panel and would have been very close to the spare wheel without the modification.
sounds dangerous thinking, Chris...
Dave, thanks for going to the trouble.

Jon, indeed. Doesn't alter the fact that I've only got 8ft though.