The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Will the problems never end, vol.2
"Extreme Economies" by Richard Davis (some really interesting stories); "The Impossible Office" by Meakin & Thoms (Chapter 1 is a particularly amusing eye-opener) and "Louis Coatalen" by Oliver Heal.
(09-07-2021, 05:57 PM)Ivor Hawkins Wrote: Back to the subject then, I think it’s an admirable effort to build an electric Seven.

As for electric vehicles, currently they are about as green as HS2, they should be carbon neutral in about four hundred years time...

Electric vehicles are more nuclear vehicles here at 70% but only 15% for you brits. Whether it's green or not is maybe a matter of believing.
Brief story of about an electric powered A7:-

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article...l#comments

The comments are interesting with most people saying he has ruined an old car
That's the one with the 3:1 belt drive, as the article says it sounds like a sewing machine. The article doesn't mention that it has probably helped keep his sanity, his daughters said he should get a project just to help him with his wife's dementia. He can't go far from home so the reduced range is not important.
The reasoning....... I'm a qualified Electrical Technician, I love all things electric (except 415 volts across my chest) I even have a collection of rare carbon filament incandescent lamps by Joseph Swan circa 1903....  2 years ago, I wished to step BACK from V8 XK8's and bloody modern 'Star Trek' Volvos' called B.O.A.T (break out another thousand); Having many past A7's it was logical to try again (I must be mad....). With 'Frankie' being such a 'dog' and not working [Grrrrrr] it was natural for me to investigate electrification.....

I DO like Austin's in particular; The 7 is so small and light - I just do not like or enjoy the mechanics. 'Frankie' is 1933, an RP and a "cute" classic Vintage car, but NOW with a motor there are only 2 moving parts........ The brakes however are ridiculous and this fact was brought to light on 'Take Two' 

Using Yuassa LEV40 Lithium batteries arranged to offer 50v, the 12Hp 3 phase motor is currently using 150amps at 30 mph. I estimate 100 miles but have only been on three runs totalling 30 miles. three recharges have used 9.5Kw/hrs. I do have a reserve batch of batteries within the fake petrol tank. Estimated again for 25 emergency miles.

I forgot about 'engine braking'........'Take 5' has proved interesting. Offerton to Denton and quite a few hills. The 'Curtis Controller' does have a 'REGEN' circuit - which is employed but needs tweaking (software). On the temporary dashboard, the meter offers power 1-5 bars, it also offers power OUT and I have noticed 'regen' is negative (I suppose you could say power back IN). 

The regen is interesting, the quandiary is...do I have it operate if I take my foot of the accelorator pedal? or do I have it operate when I just feather the brake.  I know the regen is very powerful and will most defo' assist the pathetic A7 cables, it will however tka emor tests to ascertain which is best. 

But let me say...... the Poo Pooers are wrong. I too have not altered the basic car. It could easily be returned to an original RP (but don't forget, 'Frankie' probably was from many parts.... ;-)   My own rechaging is also from 2.5Kw of free solar power.   Later this year, I'm informed Good Old Boris is drastcally changing the petrol again from 5 to 10% ethylene - NOT GOOD for Vintage metal.