The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
physical differences in 35A and 35M dynamos?
A copy would be greatly appreciated: tony@lathes.co.uk
any chance I might get on that list as well? johnpetersmit 'at' yahoo.com

thanks so very much!!
Blimey. I better just check, is Harry Hales book still in print? Someone sent ME the pdf - I forgot who - and it seems like it could be in the public domain, but that's me just being magnanimous on other peoples' behalf! (It is after all in the grey mag in various chapters.)
Could anyone advise?
Hi Jon

You could try the man himself?

harryhalesmail@gmail.com

Cheers

Howard
To continue here are the two variations of the brush gear        
The A7CA did consider reprinting it and Harry was happy for this to be done.
We think now that it would be better to place it on the Assn website and we will look to do this sometime in the future.
I've emailed Harry. Dave - would you say that the differences between A and M are confined to the brush gear, or is the spec of winding perhaps different? Are the two items you photograph interchangeable on these units... and does anyone have a feeling on which is more reliable, if they are?
The upper photo is the C35M and the lower the C35A, I think they are interchangeable whilst the C35M is more reliable. The following are the two types of DE bearing arrangement, when they changed over I'm not sure. That shown in the lower picture is easier to deal with and more common.         

As far as I'm aware there is no difference in the windings of the C35A and C35 M.
Without wishing to hijack this thread, my dynamo has the top arrangement of brushes and, as far as I can see, the third brush is rivetted in place. Does anyone know how it is adjusted, assuming that it can be?

Regards,

James.
Behind the main brushes are two spring clips which retain the third brush, the ends of the clips are visible each side of the brushes. The third brush will move round under these springs.