The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vintage Vandalism
The title refers to the editorial in this month’s Automobile and refers to the dismantling of an original 1929 Amilcar saloon, “running and usable” in order to make a special or replica or whatever you want to call it. I think it’s a crying shame but I wonder what other friends think about it.
I read that too, and thought of the recurring thread on here about the destruction of perfectly good vehicles. 

I was interested to learn that if the VSCC is notified, whatever is built up on the chassis of such a car will not be allowed to participate in VSCC events, in line with the club's policy of denying entry to cars that have been created from serviceable Vintage saloons.
Be assured that the VSCC is well aware of this car, all its details, it's situation, the current location of the rolling chassis (in the UK) and the person (in Holland) that did the deed in the first place. The Club can have no control over what owners do to their own cars but where such things as this happen and are notified to them, the running gear very much has the 'Black Spot' over it. Most certainly the situation with this Amilcar.

Steve
Its a great shame that the pre eminent national club for road steam do not take a similar view to the VSCC in similar situations.
Ah, but they are not in a position to do so.

Or as I conclude, are too scared to stand up for everything that they've ended up constantly back peddling.
(20-10-2020, 01:24 PM)Dave Wortley Wrote:  I think it’s a crying shame but I wonder what other friends think about it.

I agree it's a crying shame.
I think everyone knows my feeling regarding robbing historic cars of their registration numbers and the vital importance the numbers play in the car’s history, but dismantling perfectly restorable saloons to create fake sports/racing cars is, in my view unforgivable and demonstrates a total disregard for motoring history.

Good on the VSCC for policing the issue.
I haven't seen the article, but assume this is the saloon that's been on the market for several years? I seriously thought of buying it a couple of years ago, but there were two major issues: firstly the price was ludicrously high for such a car, even though it had supposedly done very few miles from new. But more significantly, there was some sort of structural problem which meant one of the doors would not shut properly; this had supposedly been a problem from new which explained the low mileage, but the dealer was unwilling to elaborate on just what was wrong, and certainly had no intention of attempting to rectify the problem... so I didn't pursue the matter.
Yes it's an act of wanton vandalism motivated by greed and narcissism.

But...
This is a publicly viewable album of the car before it was de-bodied.
Browse through using the arrows on the very right and left of the screen.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/juricastri...otostream/