The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another failed attempt to interest America in small cars
Not an A7, but you have to smile - especially at one of the stories about these car being stored at the docks (in the readers' comments).

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1969-s...2020-10-19
It's hard to imagine what Malcolm Bricklin was thinking! In 1969 something like that would have failed to find a market in the UK, never mind the US; ten years earlier in the wake of the Suez crisis perhaps...
Whilst I won't be bidding ($20,000 so far???????) I think it's great. Suicide Doors add to the attraction.

If it ended up here, at least, when you parked it, it's unlikely any one would come up to you and say 'My Father had one of those'. Smile

Steve
Here in Washington State, kei cars were not legal for travel on public roads for many years. A few were imported(the pick ups) to use on golf courses Now, they are legal and I see everything like the Subaru passenger vans, and a number of pick ups. The plethora of oversized pickups with huge tyres and raised to the point where you almost need a ladder to climb in, appalls me. I've been a small car guy since I learned to drive. I guess that makes me a rare bird in the US. Bigger is just bigger. small is better.

Erich in Seattle
(19-10-2020, 05:17 PM)Erich Wrote: Bigger is just bigger. small is better.

Erich in Seattle
I agree. I too like small cars. In Yorkshire, they say, "A good big'un always beats a good little'un." But not in VSCC driving tests -or if you're in a supercharged 4.5 litre Bentley and John Ward's flyweight Chummy goes around the outside of you while negotiating Copse corner at Silverstone.
See what happens when you leave a VW Beetle and a Fiat Topolino together in a warm garage!
Suffolk, UK

1925 Chummy
1934 Box
The lines look very familiar. I am sure i have seen them here. Even before mass import controls ceased and Jap cars, new and used, flooded in. the occasional quircky jap model was imported privately. Quite a few Goggomobis, Isettas, and the occassional Meschersmitts and many fiats were imported earlier..
I was just thinking it was the result of a night of oily passion between a Morris minor and a fiat 500
Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!
I've never seen a Kei car I didn't want, this one included!
I saw a nice BMW Isetta pootling about the hills of Wellington just this past weekend. Funnily enough just as I was saying how the little windy roads are great for small cars like an A7.

There was a Subaru 360 in the original Gran Turismo game on the Playstation. Always seems an odd car to include!

Simon