The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Regulations regarding specials
Hi Howard, Thanks for that clarification, so there wasn't a V5C in existence for either of your cars? The V765 form seems to only apply where either someone is trying to register a car that isn't on the DVLA database -i.e. buff logbook or no logbook- or the car is on the DVLA database but with one of their DVLA age related plates, and they want to reclaim the original plate -i.e. one of the cars where DVLA routinely dished out age related plates to people who missed the cut off to get a V5C in exchange for an old logbook despite them having all the correct paperwork. This note on the back of the form certainly seems to be implying this:

[Image: 50449892731_dc39fac1cc_n.jpg]

The OP says he has a V5C, so the car is  on the DVLA database, presumably with its originally issued registration, but is down as being a Ruby or saloon, where the OP is building an open top special on the chassis. I'm not sure that the V765 process would be relevant here. I'd certainly be very interested if so, perhaps anyone of the "friends" on here who also happens to be a V765 representative could comment.

BTW, This isn't idle curiosity on my part I have a complete Ruby rolling chassis in bits here, and the V5C that belongs to it, it isn't at all likely to be rebuilt as a Ruby despite those complete bodyshells  that keep appearing for sale on ebay.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Regulations regarding specials - by GK5268 - 10-10-2020, 11:35 AM
RE: Regulations regarding specials - by Rick F - 10-10-2020, 11:44 AM
RE: Regulations regarding specials - by Stuart Giles - 11-10-2020, 10:45 AM
RE: Regulations regarding specials - by Dirk73 - 12-10-2020, 09:20 PM