The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New member from Lancashire checking in.
Good morning everyone.My name is Adrian and I live in lancashire and I thought I would say hello..

I have been a fan of the Seven as long as I can remember.
I am a serial tinkerer and I am looking to find a fairly original late 20's / early 30's car that is complete and running but needing improvement for me to teach my 14 year old son about mechanicals.He is vintage car and bike mad but I am gently trying to steer him toward cars. Smile

I am really enjoying reading the threads on here and it is very helpful.

If anyone does know of a car that may be suitable I would really appreciate any help.
I have a budget of 5k

Adrian
Sevens are not the safest conveyance ever but a big advance on bikes. Especially if fitted with a seat belt to prevent falling out. And tinkering keeps them off the road.
It is gratifying to read that newbies find the Forum encouraging. It is apparent that many of the old hands find much of it a yawn, but the future does not lie with them.
Good morning Adrian and welcome to the forum. I'm sure you'll get a few leads and suggestions. 
It would be worth joining a club that has events in your area, I'm sure someone will know which club that is.

Peter.
Join the club and see if you can borrow the club car.
Hi Adrian (and son)

As others have said joining a club is very important, I think it may be the PreWar A7 club for your area but others may correct me.

Bear in mind that pre 1932 cars (short wheelbase) tend to be more expensive than later long wheelbase cars.  Later cars are also more easy to drive (although that may set off a thread on its own  Smile). Later cars are also more available as there were more of them!

To counter that early cars are slightly easier to work on as the later the car the more “modern” developments were incorporated (eg synchro gearboxes).

Good luck in your hunt and it would be great if your son can, in time, contribute to the forum in his own right  Smile.

Cheers

Howard
Just for info Adrian, I have a 1933 RP saloon which is reliable, comfortable, reasonably quiet and economical. Last year I did a solo trip to Santiago de Compostelle in 8 days covering just over 2000 trouble free miles at an average of 44.54mpg.
The Association web site contains all the details of Member Clubs and a zoomable map, allowing anyone to find their nearest meeting, can be found here:

http://a7ca.org/member-clubs/club-meetings-map/
Many thanks for such a warm welcome. Smile
Didn't you used to have a rather nice 914 Adrian?

I also had a 914 but sold it to get a 7! Had it 2 years and have managed to drive it a whole mile. Must get back in the gargage at some point!
Stuart Bullen
(08-10-2020, 12:38 PM)Mr Pharmacist Wrote: Didn't you used to have a rather nice 914 Adrian?

I also had a 914 but sold it to get a 7! Had it 2 years and have managed to drive it a whole mile. Must get back in the gargage at some point!
Hello Stuart

Yes I did. Smile