The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hydraulics on a Seven - other than Morris Minor...
(30-09-2020, 12:37 PM)DavidL Wrote: Sorry to add extra questions rather than offer answers Sad

Is Triumph Vitesse "the normal way this is done"?    I'm pondering master cylinder and handbrake options for a friend's special.  They've got the "standard" early Morris Minor back plates welded into Austins' built up with cylinders and I'm now remembering "bee hive springs" and all the rest, some hand brake cables, and me.  (He's 12 and wanting to finish his dad's project, he died this time last year).

We've a pile of Reliant bits so the default is to use that handbrake assembly with a bar to replace the pulley, and use the peddle assembly complete integrated with an engine mount and steering box mount but wer'e "at an early stage".  Engine is going to be Reliant.

I have a pivoting arm mounted into the chassis member. The brake pedal pulls as normal and the arm transfers this into a push action on a master cylinder mounted on the rear cross member. A key benefit is that leverage is adjustable. 

Can't help with RD's real question though. 

C

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hydraulics on a Seven - other than Morris Minor... - by Charles P - 30-09-2020, 01:28 PM