The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Battery Charger
(01-10-2020, 10:06 AM)stuartu Wrote: How apposite. I think we are all guilty of auto excess, Charles, especially me!

Very sharp Stuart
I wouldn't recommend the Silverline ones either,They are a trickle charger at about a tenner.I have now fried 2 batteries with them,One left on the ride on mower and one on a seven I discovered the other day had gone the same way. I don't think they shut down but keep charging at 1/2 an amp or so.
Really annoyed as the Lucas motor cycle battery on the 7 to replace with discount was £57.
Being lazy after leaving the car for a few months and recharging the battery I tried to start the car,starter motor spun up but dog didn't throw out.After a couple of similar attempts same result so let it run faster to which the dog threw out,bang,and bent the shaft....
Although the battery voltage read 12-13v as soon as a load was put on it the voltage dropped to 2v.
Luckily managed to straighten the motor shaft.
If Silverline is the same company that a local hardware shop sells spanners etc, marked. They seem to be made of putty. I always avoid the Silverline brand after a couple of very poor experiences...
The Aldi chargers we get here in Australia put out about 4A @ 12v but only 0.5A at 6v so only any good as a trickle charger for 6v.
Cheers

Mark
(01-10-2020, 01:18 PM)Hugh Barnes Wrote: If Silverline is the same company that a local hardware shop sells spanners etc, marked. They seem to be made of putty. I always avoid the Silverline brand after a couple of very poor experiences...

Yes, you'd probably have as much or possibly more success using these tools.
[Image: 50405888092_38ef467f79_z.jpg]
Charles, my branch of ALDI has them in stock as I type. I bought an additional one from them this lunch time. Smile
(02-10-2020, 03:21 PM)Ian McGowan Wrote: Charles, my branch of ALDI has them in stock as I type. I bought an additional one from them this lunch time. Smile

Bought one yesterday and it's already been tested - works perfectly.
It's almost the same as the original one that I drove over!

c