The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We sometimes forget just how small they really are
The Midget/Sprite WAS small. I'm 6'1" and struggled to get into one, which prompted me to buy a Spitfire in the 1960s.
(06-10-2020, 02:08 PM)Reckless Rat Wrote: The Midget/Sprite WAS small. I'm 6'1" and struggled to get into one, which prompted me to buy a Spitfire in the 1960s.

Good Call, I am 6' and lean to the umm 'settled' side weight wise - I don't so much get in the car as wear it.

Fortunately that won't be a problem with the 7 - err never mind.
This was taken at a Manchester Historic Vehicle Club lunch in Knutsford, Cheshire a few years back...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

This puts it in perspective, there's not many cars can do it.     Many decades ago I parked my Seven  in Kingston upon Hull in a Seven sized space put my money in the meter and went about my business. On returning to the car I found a traffic warden standing by it who proclaimed that it wasn't a parking space. Close examination revealed that the space markers had started from both ends of the street and were left with an undersized space in the middle which hadn't got yellow lines. I got away with it.
Tony,
‘55 Chev is big.
Family had a ‘56 6-cylinder and once when pulling a caravan it starting to overheat, revealing a plug lead had come adrift when I stopped and lifted the bonnet.
My eyes popped in surprise as I hadn't notice any drop off of power running on only 5-cylinders.

Geoff - ? tooth ache.
It seems my ORT only running on 3 today... it is most definitely noticable!

Still... on Saturday its down hill to the church with the bride, so that bit is good ... as long as I can climb back up the hill from the church to the reception with the bride and groom... I  daren't risk trying to fix it with a week to go.

By jove... I now understand the principles behind hill climbing in Essex.
Hi Colin
I think I would be more worried about that steering arm on the white RR tan the Seven!
Hi Nick
Beware the event does not turn into a comic farce. A single miss cannot be too obscure. A colleague had a mk 7 Jag wedding car boil and burst a radiator hose.........
A single miss, soon to be a married Mrs... not sure I'd describe her as obscure though..!

Alas with no 4 cylinder down to 20psi and a remote diagnosis from Ruairidh via WhatsApp oc most likely a burnt exhaust valve,  I'm thinking of leaving attempting a repair until after the big day... there's a yellow chummy for sale in Colchester for 12k.... perhaps I could arrange a test drive Saturday pm...
Hi Nick
A valve has to be very burned to miss under load. Is it propped off seat? (although checking clearance is almost as difficult as replacement) By listening at the carb, exh, and oil filler whilst cranking can often figure where leaking to.
I drove my car to a wedding venue, on the way it started running on three.

The groom was waiting anxiously, he was to drive the car away, with bride, and wanted some practice.

I said "I'll just take the head off and see what the problem is."

The bride's brother - qualified to mend helicopters - was horrified - "you can't do that, it will take all day!"

Half an hour or so later, the stuck valve un-stuck, we went for a practice drive, with all four working.

Smile