The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We sometimes forget just how small they really are
Some even make a box saloon look small     

Peter - can I post those pictures on my facebook page with a credit to you? The Austin is the one in scale with the garage...
It can sometimes depend on perspective.  Here the Dodge Brothers tourer doesn't look quite as big compared with Trundles as it really is.  Big Grin

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I'm reminded of Father Ted explaining the the ' tiny cows were "far away Dougal" '

A comparison indicates that it doesn't have to be modern to be bigger, this is a Crossley Sporting coupe.

.jpg   tilt bed.JPG (Size: 224.75 KB / Downloads: 325)
.jpg   tilt bed 2.JPG (Size: 230.04 KB / Downloads: 323)

This was 7 years ago. It is now a running chassis but the body is beyond hope. Not many of these in western Canada.  Gord
The trailer was designed to town an Alfa Giulia, does a sterling job of towing the 7's

Aye
Greig

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.jpg   The Rig.JPG (Size: 244.82 KB / Downloads: 280)
(01-10-2020, 04:09 PM)gord Wrote: This was 7 years ago. It is now a running chassis but the body is beyond hope. 
Nobody is beyond hope. Well, the car body won't be, with a deep enough pocket, or a basket full of skills. Are you hoping to keep it intact?
I'd love to keep it intact, Tony, but the pockets are too shallow. I've been a mechanic all my life, but not a metal fabricator. I am also a full time care giver to my wife who has Alzheimer's. I'm surprised I've come this far on the chassis. I have the history of the car from 1947. Lots of photos but not for this thread.   Gord