The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Air pressure gauge
I'm building up a vintage special at the moment,Not a Seven however and looking to find a 0-5 or similar tank pressure gauge.
Ideally flange mounted and an original instrument.Have been on Ebay and Prewarcar and found little apart from 2 very expensive ones in the US.
Any suggestions on where else to look before I go down the reproduction route.?
Modify a 10 psi oil pressure gauge?
Cheers

Mark
My trick is to get an old steam pressure gauge with the nice flange-mounted lathed brass housing (which are still plentiful at reasonable prices on ebay) then fit a modern 0-10psi mechanism if needed. Doing the computer graphics/script for a new printed or engraved dial face and getting the old-style needle to fit on the new-style mechanism is a bit of a fiddle but worth the effort if it's for a top-notch project - Dirk
I've looked at the 10 and 20 David Harcourt gauges as potentials.Also purchased a cheap new low pressure gauge and got a relation to make up a face with the smiths logo with the intention of re casing it,and today purchased a cheap budenberg industrial gauge wjth the same idea to re case it. But its difficult to get the aged appearance of the other instruments I have.
What about this, Dave? Too modern?

eBay item number:

Regards,

Stuart
Stuart, it’s in hundreds of psi
Oops!

Thank you, let's hope Dave didn't get too excited!

Regards,

Stuart
Dave, 
   I have used a modern 0-5 gauge used for dinghies grafted into an original case with a reproduction face. 
  Also some time back won a later Smiths 0-5 in an auction that had the same fixing as an original case,everybody missed it because it was labelled as a oil gauge. 
The difficulty with 0-10 gauges is getting the sweep correct to suit the face.
Can this be refaced? Goes up to 2.5kg = 5.5 lbs. 
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-MAK-B....l4275.c10

How much boost are you using Dave?
Best Wishes Gene
Gene, just did the conversion,via google 1 Kg/cm2 is 14.2 psi and it's 13 cm dia I think.
It is for a pressurised tank on a GN / FN based special.